[Qt-creator] Qt Creator and Qml

André Pönitz apoenitz at t-online.de
Fri Aug 10 09:04:52 CEST 2018

On Fri, Aug 10, 2018 at 08:15:53PM +0200, Szyk Cech wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have 3 fast questions:
>
> 1. Is Qt Creator uses Qml?

It uses QML in some plugins, most notably the QML Profiler and
the QML Designer, as well as the JavaScript engine to provide
certain scripting capabilities to wizards in the ProjectExplorer.

> If no:
>
> 2. Why not?

Question does not apply, as the answer to 1. is 'kind of yes'.

> and:
>
> 3. When it will be use Qml?

Same.

> What I am concerned about this:
>
> Kubuntu developers have high pressure in theirs heads to write modern
> applications. So they even decide to drop support for Mourn (package
> manager) and develop Qml based Discover - it was nothing more than political
> decision. So I wonder how wide this "modern approach" infected developers
> minds...

I am not aware of any impact of decisions in the Kubuntu project
on the development of Qt Creator.

Andre'