[Qt-creator] Questions about CMake INTERFACE project

Abir Basak abirbasak at gmail.com
Mon Aug 27 07:23:01 CEST 2018

Hi,
  When I open a CMake INTERFACE project, do not see the header files in the
QtC Projects pane. This is not problem with executable or library project.
  Presently as a workaround I made a custom target adding the header files,
e.g.
 add_custom_target(dummy SOURCES ${HEADERS})
This solves the problem partially listing the header files under a separate
target node 'dummy' , but misses language features.
 So it shows all sorts of wrong analysis like include file not found, or
requires c++17 extension etc. Those settings are all present for the actual
target like target_compile_features, target_Include_directories , but can't
be placed on custom target which is not a compilable target.

 Is there a proper way to handle INTERFACE projects so that QtC understands
it and doesn't show wrong analysis (btw, the project itself is fine, runs
all tests & examples correctly, only the analysis in QtC is misleading &
doesn't show the headers without custom target, even with target_sources)

Thanks