[Qt-creator] about the clang parser backend

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 16:23:14 CET 2018

On Tuesday December 04 2018 14:32:21 Nikolai Kosjar wrote:

> I'm also not sure how popular the multiple-qtcreator-instances-running
> case is as it can be problematic for settings.

KDevelop has no issues with this, as long as you don't open the same project in multiple sessions :)

> For us, as the clangbackend manages the translation units of the files
> you have open in the editor, a translation unit is the dominating unit
> consuming memory and each translation unit is quite separate/isolated
> from another (that's how libclang works), and clangbackend does not deal
> with project-wide indexing, there is not much that could be shared right
> now.

That would be a good reason not to bother. I was going to mumble something about TUs but then I remember I don't really want to know more about them :)
What's that about project-wide indexing though? How does that come into play in the context of multiple projects or sessions sharing a single clangbackend?

R.