[Qt-creator] qmodel2svg

Christian Gagneraud chgans at gmail.com
Sun Dec 9 07:47:23 CET 2018

Hi there,

Every now and then I use QtCreator's ModelEditor plugin.
I like to write documentation in MD, and i usually manage the sources
with a Makefile to automate various stages for the final off-line
production.
A missing tool in my workflow is one that could convert a qmodel file
into SVG, from the command line.
Is it possible to use qtcreator in command line mode to ask the
ModelEditor plugin to do an SVG export?
If not, I do think that it shouldn't be that hard to write such a
dedicated tool, I see 3 ways, from the easiest to the hackiest:
1:
 - link to modellib and find a way to do the export
Is that simple?
2:
 - link against corelib, and initialise it with defaults
 - link against extentionsystem, and initialise it with defaults
 - ask the extension system to load modeleditor plugin
 - call directly into this plugin and ask for the conversion
3:
Like 2, but given that Core contains the editor manager and the
document manager, i should be able to open a document  with an editor
and automate the export (if i don't want to see any UI, i could use
the Linux offscreen QPA to hide it)

Chris