[Qt-creator] Qt Creator ignoring gcc compiler in kit

Tobias Hunger tobias.hunger at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 10:33:53 CET 2018

Hi Davide,

On Wed, Dec 19, 2018 at 12:01 AM Davide Coppola <vivaladav at gmail.com> wrote:

> Everything is fine with Clang, but also with GCC when using CMake or Qbs
> as build system.

For qmake you will need to use one of the work-arounds I suggested in my
earlier mail.

The alternative is to use a different build system. Note that we will not
invest in qbs going forward.

> Anyway, I created https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTCREATORBUG-21751 to
> provide more details.

Thanks, this is not the first bug report about this issue and I consider it
out-of-scope for creator.

Creator does support switching compilers on build systems that support this
and already implements magic to enable limited support for in qmake.

Best Regards,
Tobias