[Qt-creator] Mime performance

Tobias Hunger tobias.hunger at gmail.com
Fri Dec 21 13:23:40 CET 2018

Hi Orgad,

Everybody around here is waiting for christmas holidays, so do not
expect much to happen in the next few weeks!

On Fri, Dec 21, 2018 at 11:48 AM Orgad Shaneh <orgads at gmail.com> wrote:
> Building the project tree for qtcreator.pro takes about 5 seconds, on which the GUI is blocked.
>
> I profiled setRootProjectNode(QmakeNodeTreeBuilder::buildTree(this)) in QmakeProject, and found out that mimetype resolving is the heaviest operation there.
>
> Is it possible to cache mimetype results? Or at least have a cache for common extension such as cpp/cxx/c/h/hxx?

Sure, ideally somewhere inside the mimetype code itself. I am pretty
sure qmake is not the only kind of project that can benefit from
speeding up detection of common file types.

Best Regards,
Tobias