[Qt-creator] Update process

Andy asmaloney at gmail.com
Thu Feb 15 20:47:43 CET 2018

I selected "Check for Updates" from the menu. It took about 2 minutes to
tell me "yes there are updates do you want to install them". I clicked yes
and it launched the maintenance tool which then ran through the whole 2
minute process again (downloading manifests I presume).

So it takes me roughly 5 minutes before I'm actually downloading anything.

(Actually longer because I clicked the "Go back" button by accident so it
downloaded it... again.)

Is this working as intended? Surely the manifest(s) should be cached and
only downloaded if they have changed?

Thanks!

---
Andy Maloney  //  https://asmaloney.com