[Qt-creator] Update process

Eike Ziller Eike.Ziller at qt.io
Fri Feb 16 09:30:21 CET 2018

Afaik the opensource online content is loaded from our MirrorBrain instance at https://download.qt.io/online/qtsdkrepository/ .
So any kind of connection speed also depends a lot on the mirror that you get assigned for a file.

The count of individual URLs that are retrieved are probably not helping either ;) (as described in https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTIFW-975).

Though here retrieving the meta data takes more something like 20 seconds.

Br, Eike

> On 16. Feb 2018, at 08:37, Mitch Curtis <mitch.curtis at qt.io> wrote:
>
> While you’re speaking up, please vote as well! :D
>
> https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTIFW-975

Eike Ziller
Principal Software Engineer

The Qt Company GmbH