[Qt-creator] What's the crash?

André Hartmann andre.hartmann at iseg-hv.de
Mon Jul 16 17:27:03 CEST 2018

Hi Jason,

>> There's nothing more the debugger or C++ can do for you here.
My comment refered to something like this in your code:

QList<int> data;
data[0] = 123;

That will crash in qlist.cpp with index out of range, and not in your
code. Therefore it is not immediately obvious what causes the crash. But
with the stack trace you can find the guilty function.

It's up to you to inspect the stack though. If global variables are
involved, things might get more complicated.

https://user-images.githubusercontent.com/10531631/36583169-c65d48ea-1874-11e8-90db-1a651cfd09f5.png
 > I thought earlier versions of QtC had something simular.

Are you working with a debug version of your program?

Regards,
André