[Qt-creator] How to break on an assert?

Murphy, Sean smurphy at walbro.com
Fri Jun 8 20:46:11 CEST 2018

> > Is there some setting in gdb/Qt Creator that would automatically break on
> this assertion?
>
> Q_ASSERT uses qFatal(), so you can break on that and get a stack trace.
>
> Preferences... -> Debugger -> GDB Extended has "Stop when qFatal() is
> called", which might do what you need.

Thanks! That did the trick. I notice at the top of that tab it says "The options below should be used with care.", can anyone talk me through the harm of leaving this option enabled (and maybe the "Stop when abort() is called") as well?

Sean

This message has been scanned for malware by Forcepoint. www.forcepoint.com