[Qt-creator] Requesting repository for telemetry plugin in Qt Creator

Davide Coppola vivaladav at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 10:45:18 CET 2018

Personally I believe there's nothing wrong in collecting anonymous user
stats as long it's clear what's collected and there's some option that
allows to opt-out at any time.

Considering the open nature of Qt Creator an extra requirement is probably
making such stats publicly available, even just as aggregated results.

My 2c

On 22 February 2018 at 12:04, Tino Pyssysalo <tino.pyssysalo at qt.io> wrote:

> Telemetry plugin (frontend) to collect usage data from Qt Creator to help improving Qt, Qt features, and Qt tools.
>
> Non-personal data items, such as duration the user spent in design mode, will be collected in a way, which is completely transparent to the user.
>

> Responsible: Tino Pyssysalo
>

> Repository: qt-creator/plugin-telemetry
>

> ---
>
> Tino Pyssysalo