[Qt-creator] Proposal increasing requirement for building Qt Creator 4.7

Eike Ziller Eike.Ziller at qt.io
Fri Mar 16 09:05:34 CET 2018

> On 16. Mar 2018, at 08:38, Andrzej Telszewski <atelszewski at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On 16/03/18 07:58, André Hartmann wrote:
>> 5.7 is no option, as it is no LTS and should have reached end-of-life already.
>
> That's what I was thinking too.
>
>> But it's very easy to install a recent Qt version with the online installer and use that for building Creator. I do it this way on Ubuntu 16.04. Of course you can also build Qt from sources.
>
> Yep, I'm thinking about bundling Qt (compiled from source), as is already the case with LLVM.
> The only drawback is going to be compile time: [Qt + LLVM + Qt Creator]
> On my machine it is going to be something like 7 - 10 hours ;-)

I can only find Qt 4.8.7 on https://packages.slackware.com ... o.O

Bundling Qt (and actually libclang) into a Qt Creator build: “INSTALL_ROOT=/some/install/root make deployqt”
For LLVM you can also try using the builds that we provide on http://download.qt.io/development_releases/prebuilt/libclang/

Br, Eike

--
Eike Ziller