[Qt-creator] 4.6.1 indentation issues

Jason H jhihn at gmx.com
Mon May 7 19:58:51 CEST 2018

I use a copy of the Qt style and it's all been good up until 4.6.1
I use tabs with a tab size of 4 indent 4, Tabs-Only for C++, with clean whitespace on save.

However QtCreator is now showing them to be as width of 8, and is not cleaning whitespace of "...." (4 spaces) to "->" (tab).

The file I'm encountering this with is #included into the current project, but is not part of the project. However if I load the project that it is a part of, QtCreator behaves correctly. As long as the original project is loaded (it does not matter which project is active) QtC behaves properly.

I don't know if this is a bug or feature, but I'd expect that all C++ files to be treated the same. Any thoughts?