[Qt-creator] Screen Capture as format YUV

Eike Ziller Eike.Ziller at qt.io
Wed Nov 7 08:42:15 CET 2018

> On 6. Nov 2018, at 16:48, Emre Cetin <hsnemrecetin at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi everyone,
>
> I have a project related to image processing on QT and GStream. I have created a program with QWidget, and I got a screenshot of this program with QPixmap. However, I need to convert these frames into a YUV format and send them to GStream because I am going to merge these frames another video frames with GStream.

> Is there any way I can get QWidget frames in YUV format? Without conversion. I am working on QT 5.5. Any advice ?

If you really get that from a screen, that will need to be converted _somewhere_.

On the other hand, QImage is a QPaintDevice and supports different image formats. So it is possible to render a QWidget (+ its child hierarchy) directly into a QImage by using the QWidget::render(....) method, similar to printing a widget: https://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qtprintsupport-index.html#printing-widgets . I’d expect that to be as direct as it gets.

Br, Eike

--
Eike Ziller
Principal Software Engineer