[Qt-creator] QtCreator/iPhone 5

Duane duane.hebert at group-upc.com
Wed Oct 10 16:51:49 CEST 2018

Qt Creator 4.7.1
Qt 5.11.2 (also 5.10 and 5.9)
MacOS 10.13.6
XCode 10

I can build my app in 5.11.2 and using XCode install it on an iPhone 6s
running ios 11.3.  When I target an iPhone 5 running ios 10.3.3 I get
the device listed as "unsupported architecture."  I've tried adding
armv7 and armv7s to the architecture as suggested but this doesn't work.

I can change to a kit using 5.10 and adding the architectures lets it
try to build but I get errors for all of the Qt libs missing armv7.

I read that 5.9 should support iPhone 5 but I get build errors trying to
use 5.9.6 but I get a build error "This makespec requires XCode 4.3 or
later....
https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-70592

In general though what is the procedure for creating an app for iPhone 5
and later?  I can make a dummy app straight in XCode and it seems to
work on both phones.