[Qt-creator] Qt Creator plugin API question

Aleksey Kontsevich tantrido at ya.ru
Thu Oct 11 04:05:08 CEST 2018

I see. However it is not clear to me: whether I can monitor now which help URL was opened, keywords searched, etc in QtC or can not?

In src/plugins/coreplugin/helpmanager.h file you've removed

void helpRequested(const QUrl &url, Core::HelpManager::HelpViewerLocation location);

signal which allowed at least to track URLs of opened help documents.

In Qt Help classes http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qthelp-module.html I see the possibility and signals to track opened help documents or search keywords. Not sure how to get document titles from URLs, seems Qt Help does not provide this as well?

So the only question: is it possible somehow to get  QHelpEngine instance for Qt Creator to connect to above signals? I do not see QtC help plugin provides such interface to public. Use QObject::findChild()? Thanks!

--
Best regards,
Aleksey