[Qt-creator] Creator is confused about device state

Eike Ziller Eike.Ziller at qt.io
Thu Oct 11 08:23:16 CEST 2018

Can you please create a bug report, and add the output from running Qt Creator with such a device attached with

QT_LOGGING_RULES=qtc.ios.*=true Qt\ Creator.app/Contents/MacOS/Qt\ Creator

(which should provide a bit more information about what Qt Creator does)

Br, Eike

> On Oct 4, 2018, at 17:59, Jason H <jhihn at gmx.com> wrote:
>
> After rebooting, back to *unknown*
>
> Again, acode can deploy & run my app, but Qt Creator can't.
>

>> Sent: Thursday, October 04, 2018 at 11:57 AM
>> From: "Jason H" <jhihn at gmx.com>
>> To: "Jason H" <jhihn at gmx.com>
>> Cc: qt-creator <qt-creator at qt-project.org>
>> Subject: Re: [Qt-creator] Creator is confused about device state
>>
>> It keeps calling it "*unknown" but but has a name.
>>
>> Halp!
>>
>>> Sent: Thursday, October 04, 2018 at 11:41 AM
>>> From: "Jason H" <jhihn at gmx.com>
>>> To: qt-creator <qt-creator at qt-project.org>
>>> Subject: [Qt-creator] Creator is confused about device state
>>>
>>> So I've hooked up about 50 devices successfully, but now I am stuck with a yellow circle for a device that Xcode can deploy apps too. Normally after I register the device in xCode, it goes green. I don't know how to fix this one? I've quit xCode and creator multiple times, unplugged the device, Creator is still stuck... What I did differently with this one is I renamed it on the device after plugging it in, but it has the same ID, so it shouldn't matter, right?

Eike Ziller
Principal Software Engineer

The Qt Company GmbH
Rudower Chaussee 13