[Qt-creator] Qt Creator plugin API question

Tobias Hunger tobias.hunger at gmail.com
Sat Oct 13 10:28:57 CEST 2018

Hi,

On Fri, Oct 12, 2018, 14:01 Tino Pyssysalo <tino.pyssysalo at qt.io> wrote:

> This is in fact needed in https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTPM-1475 to
> improve prioritizing tutorials and examples in Qt Creator Welcome screen.

Please do not post links to private bugs on public mailing lists. That is
not at all helpful.

> Now

> , we have a long list of highlighted examples in alphabetical order, but
> new users have no idea which one to choose. Wed like to show 3-5 most
> relevant examples and hide others behind some More button. To set the
> priorities, we need to know, which ones are the most popular and that's
> exactly what telemetry could provide us.

You are substituting a didactic concept with metrics: Hiding information
for new users based on metrics samples from a different group of users is
not going to help new users.

I would greatly prefer having one good introduction to Qt featured on the
welcome. A proper tutorial, idealy even with a bit of interaction that you
can follow along in creator and that also explains how to get productive
with creator and surrounding tools.

Best Regards,
Tobias