[Qt-creator] Linking error when building 4.7.2

Davide Coppola vivaladav at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 11:53:58 CEST 2018

Unchecking "Enable Qt Quick Compiler" did the trick, thanks a lot.

Just out of curiosity, is this going to skip the build of some components
of Qt Creator?

Thanks

On Thu, 25 Oct 2018 at 11:02, Christian Kandeler <Christian.Kandeler at qt.io>
wrote:

> On Thu, 25 Oct 2018 10:33:54 +0200
> Davide Coppola <vivaladav at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I can't manage to build 4.7.2 (after checking out the git tag) because of
> > the following linking error:
> >
> > lib/qtcreator/libqbsqtprofilesetup.so: undefined reference to
> > `QQmlPrivate::qmlregister(QQmlPrivate::RegistrationType, void*)'
> >
> > I have Qt 5.11.2 installed on my system and everything is fine when I
> build
> > master.
>
> That's https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTCREATORBUG-21340. If you are
> using Qt Creator to build, you need to
> uncheck "Enable Qt Quick Compiler" in the qmake build step.
>

> Christian

*Davide Coppola*

*website:* http://www.davidecoppola.com
*blog:* http://blog.davidecoppola.com