[Qt-creator] Qt 5.12 Beta 3 showstopper: ts wrong for release builds

ekke ekke at ekkes-corner.org
Wed Oct 31 20:09:19 CET 2018

while testing Qt 5.12 Beta 3 / QtC 4.7.2 (on macOS 10.13.6) I noticed
that translations are wrong in release mode.

per ex: translations for de and en

build and deploy in debug mode: all is OK

build and deploy in release mode: many strings not translated into de

(noticed the same with Qt 5.12 Beta 2 / QtC 4.7,1)

happens on Android, iOS, macOS

see screenshots here
https://app.box.com/s/806vaydfkp0mym98d85j71cloebi6wxu from QtWS 2018
App https://github.com/ekke/c2gQtWS_x

it doesn't happen only for one project - it happens in all projects

of course I did a clean build, lupdate/lrelease doesn't help

same projects with exactly same ts files in Qt 5.11.2 / QtC 4.7.1

build and deploy as debug or release: both works as expected

is this already known or should I open a QtCreator bug ?

for me this is a showstopper

ekke