[Qt-creator] Find Usages of auto variable

Jochen Becher jochen_becher at gmx.de
Sun Sep 30 20:12:08 CEST 2018

I am not sure if this is related to the new version 4.7.1 I just
installed but "Find Usages" does not work (anymore?) with auto
variables:

This is code from modelinglib:

void DFlatAssignmentVisitor::visitDClass(const DClass *klass)
{
    visitDObject(klass);
    auto target = dynamic_cast<DClass *>(m_target);
    QMT_ASSERT(target, return);
    target->setUmlNamespace(klass->umlNamespace());
    target->setTemplateParameters(klass->templateParameters());
    target->setTemplateDisplay(klass->templateDisplay());
    target->setMembers(klass->members());
    target->setShowAllMembers(klass->showAllMembers());
    target->setVisibleMembers(klass->visibleMembers());
}

Selecting "Find Usages" on "setUmlNamespace" (or any other method name)
does nothing. If I select "Find Usages" on the declaration of method
"setUmlNamespace" in DClass this usage and all other usages where an
auto variable is involved is not found.

If I replace "auto" with "DClass *" it works again (for this usage of
"setUmlNamespace"; not for the others where auto is still used).

Looks like "auto" is not supported with ClangCodeModel 4.7.1. Wasn't it
before?

Other features of ClangCodeModel like error messages in editor text
(tested with "use of undeclared identifier") work.

Regards,

Jochen