[Qt-creator] [External] Re: "cmake -E server" messages appear when switching to a new file; General Messages pane opens

Toralf Lund toralf.lund at pgs.com
Wed Apr 10 13:23:18 CEST 2019

On 03/04/2019 12:03, Eike Ziller wrote:
>> On Apr 3, 2019, at 11:42, Toralf Lund <toralf.lund at pgs.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I just upgraded to Qt Creator 4.8.2, and after this I started getting lots of messages like
>>

>> Running "/usr/bin/cmake -E server --pipe=/tmp/cmake-vd0eaO/socket --experimental" in my-build-directory
>>
>> in the General Messages pane. It seems like another one of these lines appear every time I switch to a new file in the editor. It happens even when the files are not part of a CMake project, and the active project is not using CMake. But a CMake project has been loaded.
> This should definitely not happen (and it doesn’t for my CMake project, Qt Creator 4.8.2 / macOS, cmake 3.13.4).
> Br, Eike

It turns out that the problem only occurs when I switch between files
belonging to different projects (or so it seems.) I didn't think about
it at first, but when I noticed the problem, I was alternating between a
file belonging to a library and another representing the main part of an
application using the library, where the library and application are
defined as separate projects. The cmake command I'm seeing is actually
related to neither of those, i.e. it belongs to a 3rd project that's
also open.

I'm assuming that I'm still not supposed to get restarts like this, so a
bug report has been filed.

- Toralf