[Qt-creator] Question about LSP (language server protocol) implementation re-use

Christoph Cullmann christoph at cullmann.io
Tue Apr 23 20:19:00 CEST 2019

Hi,

I am interested in implementing a LSP client in Kate.
As many editors start to use this for light-weight completion/... of
a multitude of languages, I want to join that fun, too.

Having looked up a bit which implementations for LSP clients are
available,
the only one that will directly work with C++/Qt would be the one
in QtCreator.

I can live with it being just GPL licensed.

If I grab the current LSP implementation, mostly the JSON protocol
parts, aka

https://code.qt.io/cgit/qt-creator/qt-creator.git/tree/src/libs/languageserverprotocol

and adapt it for generic use, is there any interest in getting patches
back?

I assume this could be useful for other Qt based applications, too, that
want to
talk with a language server implementation.

(perhaps this could just work out in the reverse direction as using
KSyntaxHighlighting
in creator)

Greetings
Christoph