[Qt-creator] Dealing with python projects

Christian Gagneraud chgans at gmail.com
Wed Apr 24 02:49:19 CEST 2019

Hi there,

I've started to use QtCreator for some of my python-based projects.
I've configured a python language server [1], and the result is quite
encouraging.

I've tried "Import Existing Project" that creates a
"<project>.creator" project file but is imho too basic and C/C++
oriented.
I saw the '.pyproject' option, but i couldn't find any documentation.
It seems to be tailored for python+Qt.
So I recently switched to using Qbs. It currently allows me to
organise my python files, and QtCreator is happy with this "broken"
qbs project (broken=cannot be built).
One interesting feature is that i can configure QtC to run the test
webserver using a simple wrapper script. And with a project type of
"python" (or whatever is not recognised by qbs) QtC skip the build
process.
What would be nice now is to have my unit tests integrated... :)
My test command can generate JUnit XML files.

I'm curious to know how other users deal with python projects, fancy
share your workflow?

Chris

[1] https://github.com/palantir/python-language-server