[Qt-creator] Dealing with python projects

Christian Gagneraud chgans at gmail.com
Thu Apr 25 01:18:38 CEST 2019

On Thu, 25 Apr 2019 at 04:29, Jason H <jhihn at gmx.com> wrote:

> Check out this thread: https://lists.qt-project.org/pipermail/qt-creator/2019-March/007865.html
Thanks, missed that one.

> I also requested documentation on .pyproject and why a standard python project format was not used.
Do you know a "standard python project" format?

> I think it isn't meant to be a proper python IDE, just one good enough for PySide. Which is a shame.
That's IMHO a good start. I hope we'll have support for debugging
soon. As well - might be dreaming -, maybe the class and include
hierarchies will work someday. I'm not familiar with the language
server thing, but hopefully the work can be done there, and creator
just need to query it.

I had a quick look at Visual code documentation [1], they support
choosing your interpreter (inc. from your venv), debugging, ...
But it seems to require you to write "supporting" JSON files.

And BTW, about my static analyser thing (pycodestyle, flake8), it is
very likely coming from the language server, creator "just" display
the issues reported by pyls.

And I think that using Qbs to manage a python project has some
interesting potential for now

Chris
[1] https://code.visualstudio.com/docs/python/python-tutorial