[Qt-creator] Custom wizard vs qmake's wizards

Christian Kandeler Christian.Kandeler at qt.io
Mon Apr 29 09:43:44 CEST 2019

On Mon, 29 Apr 2019 18:34:09 +1200
Christian Gagneraud <chgans at gmail.com> wrote:

> > If I register a new "Qbs.AddLibrary" action, i end up with duplicates
> > in the context menu (qmake disabled, and qbs enabled), if instead if
> > fetch the "Qt4.AddLibrary" and enable it, i get the (qmake) "Add
> > library wizard", but when i go till the end of the wizard i get qmake
> > stuff added to my qbs project file ... (that was funny, i expected a
> > crash or something :))
> >

> Actually, I just saw the supportsAction in the project node. That's a good
> start. But there doesn't seem to be anything generic to handle adding
> library, etc....
> Maybe it's not hard to add, maybe not...

I'll let people more knowledgeable about wizards answer the main question, but to provide some context:
Keep in mind that Qt Creator started with only qmake support, and things were generalized one by one "on demand". What you are seeing here is something that's probably still in the original state.
Note also that "New Subproject..." is quite weird these days because it only exists for qmake, yet most of the wizards that pop up let you choose the build system for the sub-project, which makes no sense. (Ok, in theory you could mix build systems, but let's not get too silly.)

Christian