[Qt-creator] Request advices for Qt Creator plugin developers to adopt API changes easily

André Pönitz apoenitz at t-online.de
Tue Aug 6 18:21:03 CEST 2019

On Tue, Aug 06, 2019 at 10:15:56AM +0800, Vincent Hui wrote:
> Hi André,
>
> Thank you for your reply.
>
> The author of ROS Qt Creator Plug-in want to submit it to the Qt Creator
> source https://github.com/ros-industrial/ros_qtc_plugin/issues/325 . Would
> you mind giving him some advices about what he should do in order to get  ROS
> Qt Creator Plug-in accepted ?

It would start with putting the plugin code at codereview.qt-project.org,
with target branch 'master'.

I understand that it doesn't currently compile in that state, but
from a quick look I don't see show stoppers, looks all fixable.

I can help with that once the code is on gerrit in so far that I
could make it compile. Actual testing etc. I'd rather leave to
people who know what to look for, i.e. "you".

Andre'