[Qt-creator] Creator parsing too much (and incorrectly) qmake files?

André Pönitz apoenitz at t-online.de
Tue Dec 3 20:00:14 CET 2019

On Tue, Dec 03, 2019 at 05:50:51PM +0100, Olivier B. wrote:
> Thanks, I worked around it at the same time than your answer by making
> sure the part before the slash is never empty.
>
> But i still don't understand how this is expected behaviour. How can
> creator expect to properly scan files if it does not respect the logic
> inside them?

The problem is that a "proper scan" does not necessarily mean "respect
the logic".

If you have a project that conditionally use fileA.cpp if condition A
is fulfilled, and fileB.cpp if condition B is fulfilled you will m
usually still consider both fileA.cpp and fileB.cpp to be part of
"your project", even if conditions A and B are mutually exclusive.

The situtation is similar to translations, or for certain types
of search-and-replace.  You want both fileA.cpp and fileB.cpp be
scanned for translations, and search-and-replace work on both files.

Andre'