[Qt-creator] LLDB CPU usage 100% on macOS Catalina (10.15)

Michael Jackson mike.jackson at bluequartz.net
Fri Dec 6 15:51:58 CET 2019

I recently got a new MacBookPro and so was forced to use macOS Catalina. I just finally go around to debugging some code through QtCreator (4.10.1) and while I was debugging the fans were screaming so I popped open activity monitor and noticed that LLDB is spinning full a single CPU core. This is while I am sitting at a breakpoint so the application is doing nothing.

Has anyone else seen this? Is this normal under Catalina (10.15)? I can’t imagine the hit to my battery life if I needed to debug while out of the office.

Thanks
--
Michael Jackson | Owner, President
      BlueQuartz Software