[Qt-creator] LLDB CPU usage 100% on macOS Catalina (10.15)

Michael Jackson mike.jackson at bluequartz.net
Wed Dec 11 14:57:21 CET 2019

Xcode 11 includes its own Python 3.7 that LLDB is using. Xcode 10 did not have any python and used the system python 2.7 located in /usr/bin/python. I have added some traces from Xcode 10 and Xcode 11 to the bug report mentioned. Hopefully the QtCreator devs can reproduce this issue and find a fix.

I tried the brute force of moving to the side the embedded Python 3.7 inside of Xcode 11.3 package but then when trying to launch LLDB just stalled and wouldn't go any further. I did not have time to get a trace. Hopefully this all helps in some way.

I'm not sure if I can use Xcode 10 on macOS Mojave?

--
Mike Jackson

    Interestingly clang for android does not have the same problem.