[Qt-creator] RFC: Dropping support for Python 2.x for GDB/LLDB

Michael Jackson mike.jackson at bluequartz.net
Tue Feb 26 15:07:56 CET 2019

Does LLDB (on macOS) *require* the shipped version of Python (2.x) on macOS? I guess you could have the user install another python 3 distribution (Take your pick, I’m not going to suggest one and then get skewered for it). I understand how hard it is trying to support 2 versions of python. For our own project we *only* support Python 3, even on macOS. For those users they need to install a python 3 distribution.

We can argue/discuss what Apple may or may not do with the shipped version of python but in the end the QtCreator developers do actually have control over this one also. They _could_ put their own python in QtCreator…

--

Mike Jackson