[Qt-creator] Overzealous autocomplete

Jason H jhihn at gmx.com
Wed Jan 23 20:33:24 CET 2019

Camera {
    id: camera[enter]

becomes
Camera {
    id: cameraStateChanged()

This is very clearly wrong. Since when did enter start being autocomplete key? So I did some digging... Autocomplete was set to "always" with a timeout of 400ms. It seems the max is 500ms, which is waaaay not enough time.
I also don't know how "when triggered" or "manually" works. But in my version of autocomplete, [tab] is what I'm used to.

1. How do I "trigger" autocomplete, what is "manual" and what is the difference?
2. Why is the timeout limited to 500ms? I'd like at least a full second.
3. Is there anyway to use [tab] to complete?

Thanks.