[Qt-creator] Editor style setting for a submodule (+EditorConfig)

Andy asmaloney at gmail.com
Mon Mar 4 14:45:53 CET 2019

Thanks Eike.

I have tried all of the code formatting options and could not get the
formatting I want. uncrustify comes closest, but with the 1,000 options I
still can't quite get there... Clangformat, for example, couldn't format
constructor initializers properly unless you add a max line width (if I
recall correctly). The docs say one thing, but in practice it does
something different. I gave up trying to fight it. I can adjust my style a
bit, but some things... not so much :-)

"Creating the definition files for these is up to you though."

:-)

"Also, these are not used for formatting while typing...."

That's what I was looking for and why I mentioned EditorConfig since it
seems to be well supported across editors. Looks like it generally only
supports whitespace formatting though - but even this would be useful!

---
Andy Maloney  //  https://asmaloney.com
twitter ~ @asmaloney <https://twitter.com/asmaloney>