[Qt-creator] Missing files in CMake project. Or adding special source files.

Toralf Lund toralf.lund at pgs.com
Thu May 9 09:58:11 CEST 2019

Hi,

I'm using qt-creator with a CMake project that, among other things,
contain some source files of somewhat uncommon types. One example is
"protobuf" message definitions, which use CMake functions listed in
https://cmake.org/cmake/help/v3.14/module/FindProtobuf.html, but there
are a few others, too.

My problem is that these files don't seem to get added to the
"auto-generated" list in Qt Creator, which make them a bit more
cumbersome to maintain. Is there any way around that? I there anything I
can do to make the CMake project manager recognise "special" files that
are listed in the CMake config? Also, how about making manual additions
to the file list? The "obvious" functionality appears to be disabled for
CMake projects...

Thanks,

- Toralf