[Qt-creator] Qt for Python / deploy to Remote Linux Target

Pablo Rogina pablojr at gmail.com
Fri May 17 21:06:30 CEST 2019

> > INSTALLS variable but it didn't work either
>
> That description is a bit vague. What didn't work and how?
> The deployment mechanism is generic. There is nothing special about Python files.

Let's try again. Having a Python project, and a kit defined for the
remote Linux device, from the Run Settings page I select "Deploy to
Remote Linux Host" but I found no way the list of files under "Files
to deploy" got populated.
So with an empty list, the rsync step to deploy files to remote device
does nothing and then the step to run remote custom executable "python
main.py" fails because the Python file(s) were never copied there.

> Yes, because Qt Creator is traditionally C++-centric, and most users would configure such a kit only by accident. Perhaps we should get rid of this assumption in the future, but the warning is harmless anyway.

OK

Thanks for the reply.