[Qt-creator] Qt for Python / deploy to Remote Linux Target

Pablo Rogina pablojr at gmail.com
Fri May 17 22:21:19 CEST 2019

Cristián, thank you for your reply

> Deployment doesn't work the same for C++/QML and Python applications.
> In Python that concept is called "freezing".
>
> In the Qt for Python project, the freezing subject was resolved
> by providing tutorials on how to use ad-hoc tools for python applications:
>
> https://doc.qt.io/qtforpython/deployment.html

I see your point here, and I think is a good approach.

However, with my use case of developing a Python application for an
embedded device, I guess that "deployment" here suppose to do an
iterative process: write, deploy to device (copy .py files), run and
repeat until you know the application is really ready. Only then the
actual deployment or freezing will happen

> If you feel like digging into Creator's code to improve the compatibility between Creator and Qt for Python

If my days would have only 50 hours...