[Qt-creator] Qt for Python / deploy to Remote Linux Target

Pablo Rogina pablojr at gmail.com
Tue May 21 20:47:46 CEST 2019

> Your first post indicates you already know the answer: Setting the INSTALLS variable. If you tell us what exactly you did there, we will probably be able to spot the problem.

1. New Project / Application / Qt for Python - Empty
2. Project created as main with 2 files: main.pyproject + main.py
3. Contents of main.pyproject:
{
    "files": ["main.py"]
}
4. Select Projects. From Build & Run, selected a kit with a Remote
Linux Host configured
5. Select Run so Run Settings page is displayed. Files to deploy list is empty
6. Configure Run configuration with Custom Executable (on device
name). Select python as remote executable, main.py as command line
arguments
7. Ctrl+R fails because main.py was not deployed/copied to remote
device as rsync step had an empty file list

Then I manually created a project file main.pro with contents:
fileset.path = /home/alarm
fileset.files = main.py
INSTALLS += fileset

A. If I add the .pro file to main (in bold from project explorer) with
Add Existing Files... file main.pyproject is overwritten and becomes a
text file (instead of JSON) as:
main.pyproject
main.py
main.pro

and the Files to deploy list under Run Settings remains empty so no
files are copied to remote device

B. Then I reverted the contents of main.pyproject to initial one (see
#3) and run qmake manually:
qmake main.pro

A file Makefile is created but the Files to deploy list remains empty
so no files are copied to remote device

Thank you.