[Qt-creator] Deployment of SerialTerminal plugin

André Hartmann aha_1980 at gmx.de
Sun Oct 13 20:59:09 CEST 2019

Hi all,

the Serial Terminal plugin was added to Qt Creator in spring 2018. It
still has the experimental state, but I think the biggest problem is
that it is not included in the official Qt Creator builds. A lot of
potential users might not even know it exists.

Given the ongoing support for microcontrollers in Qt Creator, I think it
would be a good opportunity to deliver this plugin with Creator. It's
only dependency seems to be QSerialPort, which is a relatively
lightweight module and therefore should not hurt much.

Best Regards,
André