[Qt-creator] {macOS} Where to set CMAKE_MAKE_PROGRAM?

Andy asmaloney at gmail.com
Thu Apr 9 22:59:33 CEST 2020

I want a solution that applies to all cmake projects, so I tried suggestion
#3 and added:

CMAKE_MAKE_PROGRAM:FILEPATH=<path to brew's>/ninja

to "CMake Configuration" in the kit.

Now I get a blank UI for my build settings with an error at the top
"Invalid codemodel file generated by CMake" and this error in the console:

----

Running <brew path>/cmake/3.17.0_1/bin/cmake <project path> -GNinja
-DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE:STRING=Debug
-DCMAKE_CXX_COMPILER:STRING=/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/clang++
-DCMAKE_C_COMPILER:STRING=/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/clang
-DCMAKE_MAKE_PROGRAM:FILEPATH=/usr/bin/make
-DCMAKE_PREFIX_PATH:STRING=/Users/maloney/dev/Trolltech/Qt-5.x
-DGIT_SUBMODULE_UPDATE:BOOL=ON
-DQT_QMAKE_EXECUTABLE:STRING=/Users/maloney/dev/Trolltech/Qt-5.x/bin/qmake
-DUSE_ASAN:BOOL=ON in
/private/var/folders/xs/ktjsndz94095_l042qqprtb40000gn/T/QtCreator-mxDtQs/qtc-cmake-ZFkreNHc.

-- The CXX compiler identification is AppleClang 11.0.0.11000033

-- Check for working CXX compiler:
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/clang++

CMake Error:

The detected version of Ninja (GNU Make 3.81

PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

This program built for i386-apple-darwin11.3.0) is less than the version of

Ninja required by CMake (1.3).

CMake Error at
/Users/maloney/dev/Cellar/cmake/3.17.0_1/share/cmake/Modules/CMakeTestCXXCompiler.cmake:37
(try_compile):

Failed to generate test project build system.

----

So then I fell back to suggestion #2 and added the brew install path to the
environment setting of my kit. This resulted in the same error.

$ ninja --version
1.10.0

This is the most recent ninja release.

This seems way harder than it should be. Maybe a way to set the path to
ninja explicitly in the interface could be added?

---
Andy Maloney  //  https://asmaloney.com
twitter ~ @asmaloney <https://twitter.com/asmaloney>