[Qt-creator] Problem with Android SDK tools and platform SDK

Christian Gagneraud chgans at gmail.com
Sat Apr 11 08:51:45 CEST 2020

On Sat, 11 Apr 2020 at 00:15, Assam Boudjelthia <assam.boudjelthia at qt.io> wrote:
> Hi Christian,
> > I never had this problem with previous installs of Qt & Android.
>
> Looking at this it seems that Android SDK introduced a new packages "cmdline-tools" which offers the same as the old package "tools" and Qt Creator is looking for "tools" package. So QC would need a fix for this. Meanwhile, I suggest installing the package "tools" if it's still available from the sdkmanager and make sure you have the SDK tools directory under <sdkPath>/tools which has sdkmanager and avdmanager tools.

cd $SDK
ln -s cmdline-tools/latest tools
solves the 'SDK tools installed' problem

cd cmdline-tools/latest
cp -a ../../platform-tools/* .
solves the 'Plaform SDK installed' one.

I guess this is a quick and dirty workaround, using SDK manager via
QtC will unlikely be reliable.

Any chance this will be fixed with next QtC release (minor or patch).
Should i open a bug report?

Chris