[Qt-creator] Problem with Android SDK tools and platform SDK

Harri Pasanen harri at mpaja.com
Tue Apr 14 10:50:25 CEST 2020

Hi,

Are you also able to debug Android successfully?
Which version of Qt are you using?

Using Qt 5.14.2 for a while I was able to run things on emulator and
device, and then it again started failing, I don't know why.
One thing I noticed was that Android ABI always defaults to armv7, and
requires manually selecting x86 to run on emulator every time the project
is opened. (Project settings, in qmake build steps).

With Qt Creator 4.13 beta1 I have a new observation for android setup:

With environment variable and JDK set as follows:
JAVA_HOME=/usr/lib/jvm/java-8-openjdk-amd64

Opening the Tools->Options->Devices->Android tab

it complains:

Android SDK installation is missing necessary packages. Do you want to
install the missing packages?

After first round it seems to have installed ndk-bundle.  Android OpenSSL
settings had errors and required a click on the download arrow.
But it keeps prompting for installation of missing necessary packages.

"All essential packages installed for all installed Qt versions." stays
red, and I don't know how to fix that.

Next I'll try going back to Qt 5.13.1 to see if that behaves better for
android.  It would be nice to have virtual env like to test things in
isolation.  Now there seems to be some cross-pollination between my
attempts.
Maybe I should install a docker image for each Qt/Android version...

Cheers,
Harri