[Qt-creator] Has anyone got the new custom parsers running?

André Hartmann andre.hartmann at iseg-hv.de
Fri Aug 7 14:02:06 CEST 2020

Hi Christian,

thanks for your answer. Ok, here's what I did.

I've created a project with a main.cpp like that:

#include <stdio.h>

int main()
{
	printf("main.cpp:5: Hello World\n");
	return 0;
}

Running that gives me the following Application Output:

13:49:52: Starting /home/user/build-Test/Test ...
main.cpp:5: Hello World
13:49:52: /home/user/build-Test/Test exited with code 0

I've then added a new Custom Output Parser in Tools > Options >
Build & Run > Custom Output Parsers with the following
pattern: "(.*):(\d+): (.*)" (without quotes, of course), which
passed the test text "main.cpp:5: Hello World" (without quotes) in
the  Custom Parser dialog. Capturing stdout and stderr was both enabled.

After pressing Ok, I've run my program again, the output appeared in
Application Output, but nothing happened in the Issues pane.

I've expected the message to appear in the Issues pane.

Is there any obvious wrong in my test?

Best regards,
André

Am 07.08.20 um 12:13 schrieb Christian Kandeler:
> On Fri, 7 Aug 2020 09:01:25 +0200
> André Hartmann <andre.hartmann at iseg-hv.de> wrote:
>
>> To my understanding, I can use the parsers to catch patterns in the
>> Compile and Application output and bring them to the Issues tab.
>
> Correct.
>
>> However, I didn't manage to do that with Qt Creator 4.13-rc2 (from
>> Online Installer), no matter which patterns I try.
>>
>> What am I missing?
>
> Difficult to say without a concrete example.
>

> Christian

André Hartmann, Dipl. Ing. (FH)
Softwareentwicklung / Software Development

E-Mail: andre.hartmann at iseg-hv.de
Tel: +49.351.26996-43 | Fax: +49.351.26996.21

iseg Spezialelektronik GmbH - HIGH VOLTAGE. EXACTLY.
iseg-hv.de | iseg-hv.com | download.iseg-hv.com

Bautzner Landstr. 23, 01454 Radeberg / Rossendorf, Germany
Geschäftsführer / Managing directors: Dr. Tanju Gleisberg, Tobias Pöthig
Amtsgericht / Lower district court: Dresden HRB 16250
Umsatzsteuer-Id: / VAT-ID: DE812508942

iseg on LINKEDIN | Let´s stay connected!
iseg on YOUTUBE | Tutorials and more ...
iseg on TWITTER | please follow!
iseg CATALOG | download iseg´s latest product catalog as PDF
iseg DOWNLOADS | manuals, software, firmware and more...
iseg high voltage power supply

Informationen. Wenn Sie nicht der richtige Adressat sind oder
diese E-Mail irrtümlich erhalten haben, informieren Sie bitte
sofort den Absender und vernichten Sie diese Mail. Das unerlaubte
Kopieren sowie die unbefugte Weitergabe dieser Mail ist nicht
gestattet.

If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail
in error) please notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail.
Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the material
in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.