[Qt-creator] Suggestions for 'new class' dialog

Eike Ziller Eike.Ziller at qt.io
Wed Dec 16 09:07:37 CET 2020

> On Dec 15, 2020, at 17:22, Kevin André <hyperquantum at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> So I would suggest showing a
> diff of the CMake file(s) to the user first and asking for
> confirmation before actually applying each of the changes.

That would be a sensible requirement, yes.
At some point it might be simpler for the user to navigate to the right file and position and press ctrl+v there.
Of course an option is also to check if a single sensible place where to add the file to exists
(single CMakeLists.txt file, single target, single add_target_sources/other-function-that-we-recognize) and then automatically add it,
otherwise inform and require manual user action.
How helpful that is in the overall landscape of CMake projects, I cannot tell.

--
Eike Ziller
Principal Software Engineer

The Qt Company GmbH