[Qt-creator] Status of Python Extensions in QtCreator

Tobias Hunger Tobias.Hunger at qt.io
Tue Feb 4 12:47:43 CET 2020

Hi Jan,

On Tue, 2020-02-04 at 09:24 +0000, Miethke, Jan wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> i would like not know the current status of the Python Extensions in
> QtCreator.
> Do you plan to distribute the plugin in future with the QtCreator?

I am not aware of a plan to do so (or not;-).

> It would be very useful for my work to add/modify kits via script.

Even with this plugin being included: It does not offer much in the way of API
that is accessible from python. Deciding what to expose to python and in which
way to do so will take a while.

Best Regards,
Tobias

> Bitte beachten / Please note!

Nope, I will not bother to read all that stuff!