[Qt-creator] Status of Python Extensions in QtCreator

Tobias Hunger Tobias.Hunger at qt.io
Tue Feb 4 16:19:31 CET 2020

Hello Jan,

On Tue, 2020-02-04 at 12:44 +0000, Miethke, Jan wrote:
> So is there any other way to set a kit without the gui and without modifying
> the ~/.config/QtProject/qtcreator/*xml files.

If you have static information, then you might get away with using the sdktool.
That's a binary used by the Qt installer to register things with Qt creator. The
sdktool is basically a very thin command line wrapper used to create the
necessary XML files in a installation wide place.

I recommend configuring a kit in Creator via the UI and then checking the .xml
file for the values you need. sdktool --help should get you started with the
command line.

For more dynamic configuration you will currently need to use C++ code.

Best Regards,
Tobias