[Qt-creator] Breaking changes from QtCreator 4.10 to 4.11?

Francesc Martinez francescmm at gmail.com
Wed Feb 19 12:18:54 CET 2020

Hi,

I'm working with QtCreator 4.10 mainly because my CMake project cannot be
generated well for some platforms with QtCreator 4.11. I have installed Qt
5.13.2. everything from with the Qt Installer. I've updated the installer
that now asks for the credentials so I think I have all the last updates.

Now, the problem I found is that when I try to install additional versions
of Qt (I'm trying 5.12.7) I get an error on the installer complaining about
not finding *sdktool* executable. I realized that this is not part of Qt
Creator 4.10.

If I updated QtCreator to 4.11 (just for testing if it works) and then it
works and the new kit is added. I can see it in QtCreator 4.11. But if I go
back to QtCreator 4.10 it is gone.

Is this intentional? Am I forced to upgrade Qt Creator to the latest
version?

Thanks for your help! :)