[Qt-creator] Font Rendering with JetBrains Mono

Michael Jackson mike.jackson at bluequartz.net
Wed Jan 22 23:05:30 CET 2020

So JetBrains released an open-source programmers font they call JetBrains Mono (https://www.jetbrains.com/lp/mono/#intro). Looked interesting so I tried it out. The interesting thing is that inside of QtCreator's editor certain combinations will get substituted with a single glyph. Examples are:

if(0 == 1)
{}
if(0 != 1)
{}
if(1 >= 19)
{}

All of the logic operators will get replaces with a single glyph. What is interesting is that the same code inside of VSCode with the same font will *not* do the substitution.

So is this something specific with the font that QtCreator is detecting that VSCode is not detecting or is there a setting inside of QtCreator that I can toggle to turn *off* the substitutions? I generally like the font but for C++ programming I really need to see the individual characters of my code. I'm attaching images in the hope that they get through that show what I am trying to say.
--
Michael Jackson | Owner, President
      BlueQuartz Software
[e] mike.jackson at bluequartz.net