[Qt-creator] Remote debugging with GDB-multiarch not sending command line arguments

Pablo Rogina pablojr at gmail.com
Sat Jul 4 02:13:16 CEST 2020

Hi Eike,

> > So looking in source code (src/plugins/debugger/gdb/gdbengine.cpp)
> > method void GdbEngine::setEnvironmentVariables() there's a loop that
> > sets or unsets every variable. But I couldn't understand what's the
> > criteria for any variable to have operation as EnvironmentItem::Unset
>
> This takes the difference between the host environment and the environment from your “inferior” environment, which afaics should be the environment that you see in the “Environment” part of your run configuration.
> Environemnt variables in the host environment that are not in the inferior environment, are unset.

Ok, thanks for the explanation.

Doing more testing I was able to run a good remote debug session only
if I started gdbserver in the target device by X forwarding i.e. from
host PC running command:
ssh -X user at rpi.local gdbserver --multi :10000

I don't know how to see the exact command QtCreator uses to start
gdbserver, I can only see:
Starting gdbserver --multi :10000...

If using ssh as I do, could it be possible to add the -X modifier
given that the Run configuration in effect when starting debug session
(F5) has option "Forward to local display" checked

Regards. Pablo