[Qt-creator] Bumping minimum Qt version needed to build Qt Creator to Qt 5.14

André Pönitz apoenitz at t-online.de
Tue Jun 9 06:24:24 CEST 2020

On Tue, Jun 09, 2020 at 06:09:33AM +0200, André Pönitz wrote:
> Longer version: [...]

And now that I wonder why the long version wasn't *that* long I see
I forgot to mention the following:

We started to track changes needed to port Qt Creator to Qt 6 at

    https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTCREATORBUG-24098

Currently this is only some manual collection of some of the topics that
have been started to address so far.

For a more systematic approach in the future it would be nice if authors
of changes that are largely due to the Qt 6 migration would add

   Task-number: QTCREATORBUG-24098

to the commit message of their changes.

It would not be a show stopper if that's forgotten in some cases but
having at least all *kinds* of changes their might help to set up a
migration guide or similar to help other code bases to move to Qt 6.

Andre'