[Qt-creator] CMake support change in master branch

Cristian Adam cristian.adam at qt.io
Tue Jun 9 19:15:38 CEST 2020

> Hello everybody,
>
> I just pushed a patch to the master branch that changes how CMake projects are
> handled. I expect this patch to still have some rough spots, so please avoid to
> update for a while if you want a polished experience, but I do hope for bug
> reports and feedback about the changes!

Thank you Tobias!!!

This brings back the Qt Creator < version 4.0 way of configuring CMake projects with the initial CMake command line arguments.

You can have as many -D parameters as you want, ensuring that the Qt Creator's CMake configuration works in the same way as it does from command line!

You don't have to build Qt Creator's master in order to test the new CMake magic-free setup.
The commit in question has GitHub Actions build artifacts for the major desktop platforms at:
https://github.com/qt-creator/qt-creator/actions/runs/130015146

Cheers,
Cristian.